Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Things I've Forgotten

Ok. So I completely forgot to mention that I went through with my plans to get a hair cut three weeks ago. I skipped my usual, a trim and some layers around the face and instead had 14 inches cut off of my hair. I decided I need a change, and you know what they say "go big or go home". I took a couple of photos in to my hairstylist and let her create. So now I have bangs and the shortest hair I've ever had. It went from the middle of my back to above my collar. Of course, with three weeks having past it's not that short anymore because my hair grows wicked fast. And it has this lazy curl/wave to it so it pretty much does whatever it wants, not necessarily what I want.

Here are some things from watching tv in the past week: I saw a preview for a movie called Flicka. It's the tale of some girl and her horse and some race, etc. How many variations of this same movie do we need to make? Also I saw a commercial for those beds that raise and lower at the feet and head. That's nice for other people, but I sleep on my side. Bastards. Does me no good. Also I saw an ad for both Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and the newer Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but step into the circle of honesty with me here. I don't like either of them. Really. I read the book when I was a kid and loved it. I don't feel that either version really does the book justice or capture the feel of it.

Oh and in other news, the Faux-Physicist apparently has a thing for me. Wtf, I know, I know. One would tend to think that the fact that I never speak to him (or acknowlege his existance) unless he asks me a work related question that I cannot avoid answering would give him some kind of clue that I don't like him. However, the Faux-Physicist is very similar in behavior to some one else I've dealt with in the past, so I know the kind and how they think. The whole thing really is the past repeating itself. (The other, much to my surprise, also developed a thing for me.) This is how I found out.

Me: Nobody likes [Faux-Physicist]. I can't stand him. I came in the other day and he walked by and said *using a creepy elvis voice* 'ah, you looka verruh nice'. I didn't acknowledge him as he walked by continuing to stare at me until he had to turn away so he wouldn't run into anything.
Bert and RadishKing: *laughing*
Girl at Work: Oh well, you know he likes you.
Me: What?!? No he doesn't. *laughs*
GaW: No he does, really.
Me: You're joking.
GaW: No, I'm not.
Me: Good, because if you are we can't be friends anymore. *we all laugh*
GaW: See me and [Faux-Physicist] are kind of friends. It's totally obvious that he has a thing for you. I mean it's there for everybody to see. He's always trying to talk to you and follows you around and stuff.
Me: He does that to everyone.
GaW, Bert and RadishKing: No he doesn't.
GaW: The other day he asked me 'what do you think of [Winter]?' and I said 'I like [Winter]. She's cool.' and he said 'Yeah...'
Me: *whimper*

5 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    See, this is turning into a stalker story already. Neato.

     
  • At 10:25 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Oh yeah, I forgot about him...he's the new stalker, I guess. He definately has the lameness and complete lack of stalker ability to qualify. :)

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    Why is it that you always attract arrogant self important a-holes?

    j/k! =)

    Also the new hair rocks! I am going to dye mine pretty soon. Probably red again.

    I'm thinking about redoing my profile on my blog, and *gasp!* maybe put an actual picture of myself there. Whaddya think?

     
  • At 11:35 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    I don't know!! :) They find me irresistable.

    I'm pretty happy with the color of mine right now, plus I don't feel capable of choosing a new color.

    Redoing your profile, do you mean like, more serious less earth domination? I dunno. I've actually been considering doing the same, picture and all.

     
  • At 9:28 PM , Blogger Steve said...

    I like the short hair.
    As for the new stalker, Ha Ha.
    He is the worst yet. Sorry.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home