Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Complaints

Well, I was going to try and avoid bitching about work too much here, BUT this week has made me want to tell you a little bit more about one of my co-workers, the one I have dubbed the Physicist. He. is. an. ass.

First of all, when asked this guy has maintained that he has his bachelor's degree in Physics (hence the nick-name). However, B-rad has informed me that he had a class with the Physicist. A class that the Physicist ended up failing because he didn't do any of the work. I don't have a problem with this in of itself. I understand, shit happens. But to keep telling everybody that you got your degree and letting them go with that, well...that earns you a new name Faux-Physicist.

Next, Faux-Physicist eavesdrops on everyone. I mean this, he will walk up to a group of people and stare at them intently while giving the appearance of memorizing everything they are saying. He will run up to Colonel Eggroll and I every chance he gets to see what we're talking about. Specifically, whether or not we're talking about him.

Faux-Physicist is apparently an expert on everything.

He is completely unable to perform his job, yet he criticises the performance of everyone else. He has triend to tell me how to do my job, and not just anything, but completely obvious things. Whenever someone tries to help him he blows up. I cannot help but laugh.

He walks around mumbling under his breath. He gets indignant anytime he is ignored. However, when I've asked "What?" in response to his mumblings he just gets huffy and says "Forget it". What the hell is he saying? Is he muttering hexes, or prayers to Cthulu that we might be smote by tentacled minions? Whenever he interacts with a customer he curses them afterward. I've had to listen to a constant stream of "idiot" "fucking idiot" "fucking ridiculous" "goddamn ridiculous" "what the fuck" "idiot" "what the hell" "worthless idiot" "fuck" for hours on end.

I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home