Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I should be sleeping right now. I've got to be at Thanksgiving Dinner in less than three hours and I haven't slept yet. The reason I haven't slept is because I decided to finish my November Novel for NaNoWriMo today. Or rather, yesterday. So in 9 hours I cranked out over 14,800 words to not just hit the requisite 50k words, but to actually finish the thing. It's got an Epilogue and everything. (Although I have to admit it's not all I have for these characters. Nay, I have scads more about them. I have three pages of outline in tiny print, and I used up, let's see...exactly one bullet point of my outline. I think I may have diarrhea of the imagination.) Anyway.

52,931! Boom! I'm done, baby.

The goal is 50k words in 30 days. Crazy right? Well, I'm a firm believer in the saying, which I made up, "If a crazy thing is worth doing, it's worth doing crazier." So last year I did it in 25 days. This year I pulled it off in 22 days, and I didn't even write on all of them. Why? Cuz I'm freakin' crazy. And I think what I put down on paper (metaphorically speaking) was even better than last year's. And that 9 hour sprint was some awesometastic stuff, stuff that surprised even me. There was even a part that made me cry, like full on, tears crying.* Does that make me weird? If so, screw you, don't judge me. It's emotional (and I haven't slept).

Now I can get some other stuff done. What's next? Oh yeah, Thanksgiving dinner, black Friday shopping, and putting up my xmas tree.

Laters.

*Some epically sad violin music helped.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home