Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I wish I had taken a picture

Several weeks ago I started some seeds for my garden. I had a bit of a surprise when I checked on them the other day. I lifted the dome off the cheap plastic incubator-thingy. Amongst the neat rows of cute, baby plants was an abomination. It was a many tentacled vision of (very mild) horror nestled in the tray (okay, it was more like brief confusion, than horror). It was the sort of thing that gives you a fleeting moment of What is that? What is that?!?

Brief confusion because I realized that the hairy white tentacles emerging from the soil were the roots of one of the seedlings and the damn thing had sprouted upside down! I pulled it out of the dirt and, sure enough, the leaves were in the ground. How does that even happen? As a plant you've got, like, three jobs to do: photosynthesize, make oxygen, and grow towards the light (upwards), oh and give people hay fever. If you, as a plant, fuck one of these up then the future does not look bright for you.

I think I have a retard plant.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:27 AM , Blogger Shelley said...

    I fear that eating it might make you stupid. That is pretty weird. What kind of plant?

     
  • At 12:28 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Lol. Actually, it's a pumpkin plant, and I'll be using them for jack o'lanterns, so no danger of catching the stupids from it. If it does anything else weird I'll be sure to post pictures.

     
  • At 3:33 AM , Anonymous Mark said...

    Aw, you have a 'special' pumpkin! Don't let the other pumpkins pick on it :)

     
  • At 8:13 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Lol!

    It seems to have sorted itself out at this point. :D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home