Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Updates and stuff

I wish that I had a device that allowed me to telepathically dictate my thoughts into blog posts. I always think of things to write about, but then, when I finally have a chance to sit down and type, all thought goes out the window and I end up on Failblog. Of course, any such hypothetical thought-to-blog dictating device would have to have some kind of filters. I mean, does anybody really, really want to hear anyone else's train of thought?

So.

What has gone on in the last two months?

Me?
I've done some bonding at a couple family events;
discovered I actually like some foods I thought I didn't, a fact which has made me suspect that perhaps it was the cooking (won't name any names) and not the food;
had a complete schedule change at work, as we are now down to 3 managers instead of 4;
had a visit from Steve & Steph (his gf) which mostly involved drinking champagne and playing cards, and was awesome;
lost 10 pounds;
saw both and Alice in Wonderland and Clash of the Titans, but neither in 3D (in fact, I have yet to see a movie in 3D), and thought that while both were visually stunning they really didn't quite satisfy;
introduced my mother to the awesomeness that is IKEA;
started planning my summer vacation, which will probably be a road trip to upstate New York to wander around the Adirondacks;
finally got around to reading the "new" Stephen King novel (Under the Dome) that I've had for months, it was good - much more psychological horror involved, but still enough gore for those who want it;
took a acrylic painting class (with Julia) at the Toledo Art Museum in which we did a study of The Mill at Charenton by Fracois Boucher - mine isn't finished, but rest assured that when it is there will be pictures;
bought a couch from IKEA (don't remember if that's been more than two months or not, but the couch is still awesome);
and, yes, I have no idea what is up with this list's format.

And I promise to update more often! :D

2 Comments:

  • At 12:55 AM , Anonymous Mark said...

    Mostly good stuff there. That Mill painting is a bit weird tho. Not quite sure I get it. What does doing a 'study' mean anyway? Was it an essay? Or did you do your own take on the same scene, with added pandas and unicorns?

     
  • At 1:21 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    There's actually two paintings that come up if you do a google search for it. The one we did has a building in it and is less weird.

    For the study we did our own take on the the painting. It was cool, we got to go up into the museum after hours and sketch the painting. Then paint it. It was interesting to see everybody's different take on the painting. Sadly no pandas or unicorns. Though I have seriously considered casually sticking some zombies in mine somewhere.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home