Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lazy Picture Post

Did you miss me?

Everybody keeps asking me how my vacation went. All I can tell them is, "It was okay." Which seems to thoroughly disappoint them. Look, it wasn't bad...it just wasn't awesometastically awesome either.

So here are some pictures. Some are from my vacation, some aren't. As it turns out, all the pictures I uploaded are in the exact opposite order I wanted. Whatev's.


This is the flower that my pumpkin came from. I never realized how big they were.







This is my garden, at the height of its greenness and glory.








These are my pepper plants. The ones on the left are cayenne peppers. I am going to have enough of those to last a decade.






Itteh Bitteh Watermelon Committeh











Here's the only pumpkin I have so far, and probably the only pumpkin I'm going to get. I'm happy to have any as this year was trial and error for my garden. I'm hoping it will get a little bigger and actually turn orange before the plant dies off. If it doesn't turn I will have to employ some tricks to get it ripen off the vine.








This is the waterfall at the grotto Conkle's Hollow. You can see too well because of the mist, and, you know, it's August there's not a lot of water.

These are the 200 ft Blackhand Sandstone cliffs @ Conkle's Hollow.





I always think that this rock looks like some sort of gargantuan beast sleeping away the millenia.

Conkle's Hollow: Trees









This is the bridge over Pine Creek that you have to cross to get into the gorge @ Conkle's Hollow. Conkle's Creek empties into Pine Creek on the other side of the bridge. I've always liked this bridge.







This is Cedar Falls. By volume it is the largest waterfall in the Hocking Hills area, but being August it isn't terribly impressive.

There were some teabags down there with their giant tripods and cameras griping about the lack of water who were almost on the receiving end of some punches to the face. It's August, what do you expect. If you want lots of water come in the spring. Sorry that Nature is inconveniencing you with its cycles that have been going on for eons and all.



This is a big bug. Glad I look before I put my hand on things, and yes, my finger is in this shot on purpose, you know, for scale. It was a quick shot because as soon as I touched the tree this guy was interested in investigating me.


Ash Cave from the top. Those are people down there.


Ash Cave from the bottom. Biggest recess cave in ohio.







Awww, look at my cute little tent.
I put it up myself.










The T-Rex sez, "OMNOMNOMNOM!!! TOURISTS TASTE DELICIOUS! HOLD STILL STEVE!"




"I hope you are enjoying the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, Becky. By the way, have you seen my boyfriend? Wait, is that him behind me, breathing heavily down my neck?......"







And this is my tattoo. This is right after I got it, so it's a little red in the picture. I have to go back to get some shading done in the middle. This is the only part of my vacation that exceeded expectations. I am really happy with the way it turned out, and it isn't weird having it. I thought I would keep noticing it in mirrors and out of the corner of my eye and be like "whoa!" but it's like it has always been there.

I realize you can't see all the detail in this shot, so I will have to take a better one. It took almost two hours to do. The guy did an awesome job. He only stenciled the outline from the picture, and did all the detail work referring off that which I think is impressive. It didn't hurt hardly at all. Other than a little chitchat with the artist I spent the time reading a book, which apparently is very bad ass to do whilst getting a tattoo.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger Shelley said...

    Tattoo looks great.

    Your holiday sounds like it was fun. It's always fantastic not to be at work.

     
  • At 1:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oceadeexolona [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-mobic-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Mobic without no prescription online[/url] [url=https://launchpad.net/~codeine-tuco]Buy Codeine no prescription[/url]

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home