Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happenings

I did a little "out of debt" celebratory shopping yesterday with my bonus money. I ended up buying two dresses. They're both print dresses. Usually I wear solids, preferably neutrals paired with more neutrals, so they're a bit out of my comfort zone, but supremely awesome. And they were on sale so it was only $50 for both. I also shopped for a bathing suit, a process that usually destroys any body confidence I might have scraped together in the last year. However, I found one I liked, and together with the weight loss I've achieved so far I felt that I could go out in public in it without shame. The ultimate test for a swimsuit.

::::

Saturday I went to a graduation party for my step-cousin (my aunt's step-son). Instead of the usual grad party hotdogs & hamburgers my aunt had a taco bar, rice & beans, and nachos. Best grad party food ever. Also, I got to do some pre-Father's day bonding with my dad, drinking beer, blowing stuff up. Well, actually my brother and dad did most of the firework lighting, but it's the thought that counts.

Then one of my family members finally broke the bubble and asked me the "when are you going to get a man and married?" question. I almost made it to 27 without someone asking it. And it wasn't anyone you would expect. Not my mom, or my grandma, or a catty aunt. It was my Uncle K. Which made it even weirder. I could've understood if it was his wife, she's definitely catty. "It's been a long time since we've had a wedding," he said. My family is so weird.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:15 AM , Anonymous Mark said...

    Mmm tacos. I need to go eat something. Thanks for the offer of a hat! Wonky is OK.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home