Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Cerebration

It's May already. 2009 is nearly half gone. Where does the time go? What do we have to show for it?
I keep puttering around and nothing gets done. The status quo is maintained, but little new growth is had. I want to produce. The ideas are there. The skill is there. How to take them and bring them forth into the light?
Too many distractions. Too many excuses. If you keep waiting for the right time you'll spend your whole life waiting.
Basically I need to get my ass in gear. I have to motivate myself to put in the work that is required to reach my goals. No one is going to give me a pep talk. No one else is going to help out. It's just me vs. the world, and the world had better look out.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:31 AM , Anonymous Mark said...

    Ah, doing things is overrated. They never turn out perfect, so you may as well not try.

    Hope the status quo is treating you well though.

     
  • At 4:36 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Well that's not motivating at all. :P

     
  • At 4:37 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Oh, and the status quo and I are getting along just fine. :)

     
  • At 10:25 PM , Anonymous Mark said...

    Hey, come on and stop being lazy! You can do it! Whatever it is that you wanted to do! I don't know!

     
  • At 10:26 PM , Anonymous Mark said...

    Now that's motivation.

     
  • At 1:57 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Woo! Now I'm motivated!

    If only I could remember what I was going to do...

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home