Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Too cold to blog

Mark this day down. I said it was cold.

And if I said it you know everybody else probably thinks that hell is freezing over. Given the temperatures outside they probably believe it. Right now it's around -15F (-26C) degrees , so with the wind (because you know it's always windy here in the beege) the wind chill is about 40 degrees below zero, and -40 is -40 whether your in Fahrenheit or Celsius and damn cold no matter what. At least it's not as cold as some of the weather they've had in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Regular temp of -40 and windchills at 70 below will freeze your face off. I mean, here your face would freeze off eventually, but it might take a half hour instead of, say, 5 minutes.

This is the coldest it has been in 15 years. But there's a half foot of snow on the ground, so at least it's pretty.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM , Blogger MissE said...

    Damn.

    That is cold.


    And yet part of me is going "I want to be in that cold place..."

    Which is sick, right?

     
  • At 2:09 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    I don't know, I like cold weather. So I don't think that's weird. ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home