Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Return from the Sojourn

Holy crap it has been a while. What's been up? Let's see.

I had the lamest new years ever. No disrespect to my friend SH whose party I stopped at for an hour. I had to close the store, and even though we closed early I still didn't leave work until almost 11, so by the time I got to the party it was 10 'til midnight. When you get to the party 3 hours after everybody else the fun is a bit like the nibbles - they're a bit manky from sitting out on the counter and thouroughly picked over. So I had a sip of champagne watched them fiddle with the wii for a bit. Then it was off to another party to pick up a friend to get them home by their curfew; somehow I got volunteered for that since I had admitted to a lack of intent to drink.

Xmas was good. I got plenty of loot, highlights of which include a 32" lcd tv (from my dad, tho I paid for half), some books, and a miniature sewing machine (thanks Julia!). I haven't used it yet, but it is ridiculously cute! There was, of course, familial drama. My two of my uncles did not turn up at that family's get together in spite having moved it off of xmas itself to the weekend so that no one would have an excuse not to show up. *sigh*

I went to the eye doctor last week to get a check up. I need more contacts, but my prescription is expired. I also decided it was time to get new glasses, my old ones being from something like 10 years and 3 or 4 prescriptions ago. Then today I had to go back and have my pupils dialated some the doc could peer deep into my retinas and check for tears or holes or something. Everything came up fine, but having almost no iris showing in your eyes is kind of creepy looking, and gives me a headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home