Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Eh

I'm trying to blog more often. One of those resolution type things. So today you get to read about me cleaning out my email inbox because I lead a rich full life. It's not that I never start to file or delete things. I just don't finish. There was stuff on page 2 (you can only get 50 items per page) that was, like, two years old. Kind of makes me wonder why I bother. Why don't I just leave it all in my inbox. I'm the only one who sees it. It's not like people are going to stumble into my inbox as they are surfing the web like Goldilocks and say, "My what a big pile of unsorted crap you have, Grandma." And yes I just mixed fairy tales. Anyway, it's not like I find myself going back to look for old emails, at least not usually, but now I have a nice clean, empty inbox, dammit.

::::

One of my young employees was raving about some recent crappy movies and suggesting that the actors therein were the epitome of all things funny. Or he would if he knew what the word 'epitome' meant. Well, I felt that such an erroneous statement could not go unchallenged. Long story short - he didn't know who either Lewis Black or George Carlin were. I guess I can understand Black, but Carlin? Really?

What do they teach kids these days?

::::

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home