Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

We danced, we drank, we carried on

I think that nicely sums up the situation with the boy from the wedding, but I know you all have been pestering me for details. We grab a snack and kick back.

So, as I started to say in the last post, my friend Sarah, the bride, sent her friend over to ask me to dance, but she didn't even point me out, just told him my name, so he first asked another of our friends if she was me first. Then had to deal with the DM timebomb, as mentioned. After the slow songs ended the guy, let's call him Sven, Sven and I were standing by the wall talking when Sarah's brand new husband bounded over. He said, quote, "I see you got a new boyfriend, huh? Hur, hur, hur!" Seriously, I almost punched him in the face, I don't care if it was his wedding day. When I was telling Julia about it she said Sarah and Hans were behaving like parents do around your date, you know, embarassing you and inadvertantly ninja-ing any chance you might have.

::::
::::

Ok, this is as far as I got with the post before I became completely distracted by IRL things. Since it's been, like, two weeks I'll assume that intrest in the subject has waned.

The fact of the matter is that nothing really awesome appeared to have happened. We didn't make out or exchange numbers or go home together. It was one of those "life is a journey" things, I guess you might say. Also, I found myself struggling to turn out a coherent and interesting narrative about the whole thing. The important things that happened were internal. I made myself talk to a guy and not go immediately to the friend zone (do not pass go, do not collect $200). It was nice to talk and flirt with a nice, attractive boy without having anything emotionally invested already. And he told me I was amazing, which was nice, but I have to say there was a bit of a hang up from a very recent breakup. (She told him he was boring. Wtf! What is with women who feel they have to ruin a guy for the next girl to come along?)

So, um, yeah, that's about it.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very sweet. But what do you mean by ruining a guy? Did have no confidence because he thought he was super boring?

    And hey, send me your new address so I can send Christmas presents. Or I can post 'em to Julia's if that's easier.

     
  • At 2:20 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Mark, yes that's what I meant. I overheard him lamenting the fact that he was supposedly boring to another friend when we were at the bar (no, I wasn't eavesdropping, I just have very keen hearing). He was convinced that no one would find him interesting, ever. Later, when I tried to make my "I'm interested in getting to know you better" move, he was all like, "You're amazing and, momentous, and you would find me really, really boring." Grrrr >:(

    And he really did call me "momentous" which with the coversation we were having I knew what he was trying to get across (yay, for context clues!). Has to be the most unique compliment I've ever received, though.

     
  • At 1:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    And momentous you are. Not to mention perspicacious, statuesque and omnibenevolent.

     
  • At 1:58 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Aw, Thanks Mark. :D

    Perspicacious...I like that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home