Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's been a busy week (or so)

Since I'm pretty much debilitated by a food coma this evening (grad party: the grad's grandma made delicious german desserts) I am just going to throw out events from the last week or so, in no particular order.

::::I got pulled over twice in less than eight hours this week, for the same thing. In all the moving chaos I had forgotten to renew my license plate tags. Thankfully BG's finest were very kind about the whole thing. Although, I'm curious as to when exactly they started giving actual written warnings. It's been, like, seven years since I've been pulled over, so I was unaware of this new developement. Anyway, no ticket, so that was good, and I paid my fifty plus bucks to get a new sticker so the BGPD will stop pulling me over.

::::I love my new apartment. It is the nicest, best maintained apartment I have ever had. New paint, new carpet, new dishwaster, new countertops, everything works proper. The only con is it is on the small side, but that is forcing me to get rid of some stuff that I should probably get rid of anyway. I will have pictures in a couple days after I run some boxes to the recycling center.

::::It's tractor pull weekend here in the beege once again, and you know what that means: intoxicated rednecks stumbling around town in search of the bare necessities, the local store has giant piles of beer for sale in the aisles with signs directing the pullers towards more piles of booze, and sitting here (a couple of miles from the venue) you can occasionally hear the roar of crazy, souped-up tractors, and if you listen close you may hear the roar of the crowds. *Sigh*

::::One of my friends is getting married in September, and I got the invite. I'm totally stoked about getting to see her since it's been a while. I was amused to see "Formal Reception" on the invitation given how laid back my friend and her fiance are. The wedding is in Pittsburg, which is about a four hour drive from here, so I'm taking the day before off as well, getting a hotel, a bit of a mini-vacation. I'm also renting a car since mine is, well, unreliable as to whether or not it's unreliable. Since I'll have some time in town Friday I'm going to check out the Andy Warhol museum which I have been told is sweet.

And done.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "unreliable as to whether or not it's unreliable"

    Does that mean you can't be certain whether or not you can be certain it will work? I think I need a statistician to explain it to me...

     
  • At 1:41 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    That's exactly it! Though I'm not sure I could explain it to you either. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home