Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blah and a half

I have now completed day six of my seven straight days of work.

I wish I could tell you that meant I was working 70 hours in those 7 days, but it's not true. Today, for instance, was 12 hours. And I might have been able to tolerate it all, but with the exception of yesterday these have been some of the most stressful shifts I've worked in a while, all strung together. Our sales have been up because it was move-in weekend for the college. My boss told me we would not need any extra staff, and I listened...because I'm an IDIOT. This is the same woman I spent 13 minutes explaining keyboard shortcuts to yesterday (and our keyboard has what the shortcuts are on the front of the keys). Actually, I did put a few extra people on, but the whole thing is a moot point because most of my crew are already working their maximum availability.

I am getting a little twitchy.

~~~~~~~~

Since all I have done for the last week is work and sleep I have yet to finish unpacking. The kitchen and living room are okay, even if there's still a pile of discarded boxes and none of my pictures are on the wall. My room on the other hand is a complete abomination. I'm hoping if I don't spend all of Thursday in a First Day Off in a Week Coma to actually tackle it. I'm getting tired of weaving in and out of piles and tripping over stacks of books every morning. There is going to be a Reckoning!

``````````

1 Comments:

  • At 2:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, 7 days a week. Just like the industrial revolution but with drive-thru service.

    Hope you had a good sleep on your day off.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home