Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weirdness and Sickness

*Cough, cough* How's it going? Me, I've been sick for almost three weeks now. I've slowly progressed through all the cold symptoms in various combinations. And at no point have I been very sick, just moderately to lightly sick. All I've got left now is a bit of a cough. It's been going on so long that it's making me crazy. Crazy, I tell you!

Well, in truth it's wearing me down. I'm tired mentally, physically, and emotionally. I bottomed out early this week, moping around and being down in general. I was trying to do some packing and I just kept looking around at everything that needed to be done and I felt...overwhelmed. I'm not used to being overwhelmed by things. I usually am at my best in a crisis. Give me cruch time, give me deadlines, give me "I waited until the last minute and it's due tomorrow!" I can multitask a half dozen things easy. Howevere, my normal awesomeness was not to be found that day. Blah, talk about a downer.

I'm feeling better this weekend though. I'll be so glad to be moved in a month. Some of my neighbors are precipitating weird shit. When I came home today there was a hansel and gretel trail of peanuts leading up the stairs, which then ended at my door. Also, my building smells weird, all the time. Oh, and the maintence guys use a room in the basement as their workshop, and they smoke in there. The same tiny room they sand and paint cabinets and other shit in.

In good news, I bought a fantastically comfortable pair of sandals to replace the ones I had that wore out several years ago. They wore out after many years of loyal service, and I had yet to find a satisfactory replacement. I found the new pair at Target the other day. They were sitting on a shelf at eye level, in the middle of some completely different shoes, were the only pair of that kind I saw, and they were my size. It was like it was meant to be.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:11 AM , Blogger MissE said...

    Hmmm... a trail of peanuts, huh?
    Did you do a quick search for small elephants or maybe a performing troop of monkeys?

    Good to know you're moving away from the potential explosive maintenance men though... I'd be ever so annoyed if something happened to you!

    Shoes!!!
    How awesome is it when you find shoes you like that fit?
    I found two pairs of size 12 when I was out shopping with Mum yesterday... so I bought them!

    Hope the health is improving and hte move goes smoothly.

     
  • At 4:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nuts? I think someone's trying to set a troop of angry squirrels onto you. And you know - once the squirrels find you, you're fucked.

    Hope you're feelin better. I've had a long-running running nose thing and can kinda sympathise :(

     
  • At 12:58 AM , Blogger phishez said...

    I have a cough too. Which worries me because I really cannot afford to get sick. *mope* I'm about to start new job. And have no sick leave.

    Those shoes were waiting for you. Do they have your name written on them or what?

     
  • At 2:27 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    MissE - Shoes! Indeed. I have walked all over town and they are very comfortable.

    Mark - oh, shit, I hadn't even thought of squirrles! Hope that you're feeling better too. :)

    Phishez - Hope you're feeling better as well. And the shoes may not have had my name on them, but they did have my number, 11. Size 11, it's like MissE said if they fit and you like them, you buy them!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home