Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Ummm...hello?

I should be on my way to work right now. Instead I'm sitting here blogging because I am locked inside my apartment. That's right, I am trapped in my own apartment. Maintenance is on their way over because the deadbolt lock on my front door is broken. Apparently it locked just fine when my roommate left for work, but I keep twisting the little knobby thingy and IT WON'T WORK! I live on the third floor, so the window's not an option. My tool box is in the trunk of my car, but even if I could get the lock taken apart and leave, I'm not sure I could get the door locked again. This is BG (aka kleptomania) there is no way I'm going to work for ten hours and leaving my apartment unlocked.

At least my boss thinks it's funny.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM , Blogger MissE said...

    damn - that would suck majorly.

     
  • At 11:51 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Indeed, it was a weird combination of suck and hilarious at the same time. :D

     
  • At 11:14 PM , Blogger phishez said...

    That's great! What an excuse to have.

    Even if it wasn't true your boss would have to let you be late, just for entertainment value.

     
  • At 11:57 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Yeah, I'm glad she thought it was funny because even after the guy came and we got the door open I couldn't leave because he took the lock and left to go get parts (twice), and I sure as shit wasn't going to leave with a gaping hole in my door!

     
  • At 3:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lol, stuck in your own flat. Mind you it's a bit worrying. You'd have been boned if there was a fire at the same time. Invest in sturdy rope ladder, I say. :P

     
  • At 1:30 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    No worries, in two weeks I'll be in a new place that is on the first floor, but I hadn't even thought of the fire scenario...I would have been totally boned. (:O

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home