Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

This is what comes of not watching the news

I just found out today that George Carlin died on Monday. I found out when I was looking another comedian up on Comedy Central dot com. I blame not having watched the Daily show this week for my not being up to date on vital news stories. I know I should pay more attention to the "real" news (not that they would have necessarily mentioned it, them being far more concerned about "important" stories, like lapel pins), but watching it just makes me so...angry.

It's sad to lose one of comedy's best. You have to hate when someone so sharp and brilliantly hilarious leaves the ranks. Especially when in a time like this, when stupidity is running rampant, and we could really use them, and there just doesn't seem to be enough people of similar caliber stepping up to the plate. I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said, in fact Lozo has a great post on Carlin. I'm going to honor the man in the best way possible: going and listening to his material and giggling my ass off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home