Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Today

1:30 pm - Leave to pick up parking sticker for roommate who lost his. The landlord sent out a note yesterday saying they would be cracking down on people parking in out lot who didn't belong there. Woohoo, I thought. I didn't even have to complain. Apparently somebody else didn't like not having a place to park.

1:32 pm - Arrive at the landlord's. As I approach the building the crazy old patriarch of said establishment was coming down the stairs with a sign in tow. "Looks like *mumble, mumble*" he says to me. "What?" I say. "Looks like its gonna rain," he says, the air is heavy with the smell of rain, the sky is dark, and the first sprinkles are falling. "Um, yeah," I respond as he lets me pass. It's nice to know that in this world some things never change.

2:00 pm - Pick up friends to go shopping. First we stop at McD's for some much needed junk food. We were served by the predictable pimply teenager, except this one was special. When one of my friends told me to go first he called her a coward. Which was out of line, but whatever. But then, after I ordered, he made an encompassing gesture, perhaps indicating his register, perhaps the restaurant at large and said to me, "If you're worried about this giving you cancer. Everything will give you cancer. From the day you're born everything in the world is going to kill you. Everything will give you cancer." Holy crap.

2:30 pm - Day of shopping commences.

6:00 pm-ish - Day of shopping ends. I am disheartened. Normally after a day of shopping, especially when I'm on the hunt for clothes, I am depressed. Not so today. I was in a good mood to look for clothes. Me and my self confidence were a go for clothes shopping. However, I couldn't find anything. All I wanted was a new shirt to wear out to the bar, but all there was to behold were t-shirts and polo shirts and a few dressy shirts my grandma wouldn't wear. So I looked for shoes instead because we all know shoes are awesome and make everything better. There were no cute shoes to be had. We even went to the sMall here in BG. No luck with that either, but they did have lots of tractors on display. They had a fucking tractor display.

7 pm - Lewis Black's stand up is on comedy central. But it's censored and it's hard to watch with all that bleeping. Eff that noise, I'll listen to it on my ipod.

9 to 10 pm - Try on every semi-suitable shirt in my closet.

10:15 pm - Have perfectly applied eye make up. I will never be able to duplicate this feat.

11:30 pm - Our entourage departs for the bars. Hmmm...hip hop night at Uptown. Why do they even have 18 and over bars? If you're not 21 you can't drink, so why are you here. Oh wait, you can dance. How could I forget. Crowded and annoying.

12:40 am - Steve begins analyzing his tipsy-ness and providing me with a running update of the symptoms. Then...then, they decided to go to another bar. Another crowded and annoying bar.

1:00 am - Enroute to bar #2 the 25 and over portion of the adventuring party (Steve, Julia, and I) decided to go sit at the adults' table. We decided to go to Grumpy Dave's instead of annoying bar #2 and watch karaoke. Good times.

2:15 am - Arrive at home. Discard shoes. Turn on tv; Lewis Black is on again and this time uncensored. All is right in the world.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:47 AM , Blogger MissE said...

    It would have been great if they'd had parking permits for my old unit complex - then people would have to stop using the guest parking spaces for their extra cars. *grump grump grump*

    Mmmmmm - Maccers... I can't remember the last time I had Maccers. Now I'm having a major craving for a cheeseburger with fries layered in it. YUMMMMMMMM

    Shopping sucks! All I want right now are some long-sleeve scoop neck tops and do you think I can find any? In my size? Or cut to suit me? Noooooooooo, of course not! And do not get me started on shoes - size 11/12 feet are not exactly catered for... particularly not when they are also wide and broad. *sigh*

    I love to dance but I hate the dance-floor-bitches... you know the ones.

    All that said - I'm glad the evening turned out well, Winter. :o)

     
  • At 9:48 PM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    hey, didn't you know that blogging gives you cancer? LOL!

    We should totally go to karoake night again sometime, it's hella fun.

     
  • At 2:27 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Misse - I feel your pain! I also wear a size 11. And seriouusly, what is up with not making shoes wide enough? Thankfully I've found a shop (Payless Shoes, not sure if you guys have them) that carries plenty of my size. And Target does sometimes.

    Colonel E - I know, the karaoke was hilarious. We might even have to participate!

     
  • At 5:54 PM , Blogger Steve said...

    Roommate is says thanks for the parking pass. That kid is so at McD's is so lucky I wasn't there, I would have made it my mission to get him fired. I really liked the karaoke too. Those people were really funny.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home