Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Current Reads

The delightful and wonderful MissE has tagged me to do a book meme:

1. Pick up nearest book
2. Open to page 123
3. Find 5th sentence
4. Post next 3 sentences
5. Tag 5 people

I am currently reading several books, as usual, here's what I have in my stack:

Don't Know Much About Mythology by Kenneth C. Davis:

As they developed in wealth and size, these farming and herding communities eventually became "city-states," with merchants, skilled craftsmen, prostitutes, priests, and tax collectors, and armies of scribes who recorded everything from negotiations over the price of figs to real estate deals, law codes, epic poetry, and the military records and amorous adventures of conquering kings.
Unfortunately, the prosperity of these city-states also attracted attention. Unprotected by the vast stretches of desert that kept Egypt safe from most outsiders, the flat plains of Mesopotamia were like an open chessboard, across which armies moved freely.
Tourist Season by Carl Hiaasen:
"Hmph!" said the nurse, turning to face the throng. "Relax, everybody."
A pair of orderlies clambered atop the bus and untied Brian Keyes.
I tag Julia, Mark, Steve, Lucy, and Shelley. Um, if you guys feel like it that is. I won't mind if you don't. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 4:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Meh. I guess I have become the sort of person who won't take a tag :( Besides, the nearest book to me is the yellow pages, and it doesn't have anything I would actually call a sentence in it.

     
  • At 1:28 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    It's cool. The tag taking was entirely optional. :)

     
  • At 9:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Man, I have been slack with my Winter reading.

    Now, I do not do meme's. For you? I make the exception :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home