Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Lighter Note

A story from last week to keep you entertained whilst I answer all your wonderful comments.

Last Thursday I went up to my dad’s house to spend some time. He has recently separated from his live-in girlfriend of 5-ish years, so I felt some daughterly support was called for. Also, I can do laundry for free there (hey, my dad yells at me if I don’t bring any laundry, so it’s not like I’m taking advantage). I also brought my newly acquired ps2 game, Baldur’s Gate 2, in case the book I was reading failed to keep me busy while everyone was at work and school Friday. My (half)brother and I ended up playing the game when he got home from school. He’s ten, so we had a rather enjoyable time beating the hell out of some goblins and orcses. His character has a number of skills, which you can increase every time you gain a level. One of these is called “Cleave” as in “I cleaved him in twain!” We reached a point in the game where we leveled up. The following is the ensuing conversation:

Me: What skills do you want to spend your points on?
Bro: That cleavage one.
Me: Which one?!?
Bro: That one you told me about before, cleavage.
Me: It’s “cleave” not cleavage, that means something else.
Bro: Oh, cleave then.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 2:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cleavage is a skill, too ;)

     
  • At 1:22 PM , Blogger Steve said...

    It may not be so much a skill as an art.

     
  • At 2:02 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Mark - LOL! True, too. ;)

    Steve - I think you're just quibbling over a fine point. :)

     
  • At 9:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Actually I'm pretty sure it's a talent, since not everyone is equally gifted.

    Either that or a spectator sport.

     
  • At 5:03 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Mark - Maybe you should do some reasearch. Get back to us on that one. ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home