Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Leftovers

So another Christmas is done. The hosting of my first holiday went well. The family came, ate, opened presents, and all was well, if a tinsy bit cramped. And they left me food. Lots and lots of food. People brought stuff that we never even touched and just left it. One of my aunts left me a basket of cookies despite my protests. "Share it with your friends," she said. I took it to work and gave it to the kids there. Problem solved. Although, my fridge was still packed with stuff. As long as I don't get tired of ham and turkey sandwiches I won't have to go for groceries for a long time.

I got plenty of loot this year. A toaster oven, a nice trench coat, a desk, a set of bath towels, and a set of 300 thread count sheets. All very useful and much appreciated items, even if they're not "fun". I'll just have to use those gift cards for the bookstore to get some new reading material.

I was cleaning last week and I stumbled across my list of resolutions from last new years. Yeah, I think if I just change the '7' to an '8' I can just reuse the same list.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM , Blogger phishez said...

    Hey, fun gifts aren't any fun when you're an adult. You want practical, because that means you don't have to go out and buy them yourself, and then you have more money for shopping!

     
  • At 9:27 PM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    I don't think I'll be making any resolutions this year, I never get around to them anyway.

    Also, I am more than willing to take any excess cookies off your hands. :P

     
  • At 3:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    A trench coat! You can be Scully!

    Make Steve Mulder and prowl around the house in the dark looking for aliens.

     
  • At 1:54 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Phishez - Exactly! :)

    Colonel - I've decided I'm not the resolution type. Resolutions are made to be broken. I'm the bold declarations and scheming plans type.

    Mark - I think that would severely weird Steve out. ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home