Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Things

::::I'm engaged in some Fall cleaning. The usual domestic chores, of course. However, I'm also clearing out closets and trying to sort through some of my never ending clutter. I'm taking a crack at my CD's, movies and books as well. I feel like I need to trim everything down. Make it nice and neat, you know. Maybe the blog will get some sprucing up as well.

::::Historic accomplishments are afoot. I have so far completed about 60% of my xmas shopping. Normally I'm quite last minute. Instead, this year I've planned ahead, and have done some serious online shopping. Huzzah for teh interwebs. My new approach to xmas presents has made this year a lot easier. I've decided to dispense with the whole trying-to-figure-out-what-people-want/like-and-get-them-exactly-that mentality. I figure it's a present, I can get them whatever I damn well feel like. Screw material gratification. I've found shit that I think is cool and I'm sharing.

::::Oh yeah, I'm close to finishing writing out the notes for the outline I wrote for this story that the Story Gods crapped into my skull one unsuspecting evening. Once I'm happy that I've put down all my important ideas (so I don't for get them because I'm kind of an idiot like that, I mean, I've already read a couple of my notes in the outline and been like "wtf does that mean?")...what was I saying? Oh yeah, ideas...so once they're all down hopefully I can start the actual writing of the story.

::::P.S. It's Saturday night. Do you know where your bros are?

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 3:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL, I know where *your* bros are. As in, right across the hall.

    Good luck with your story. Take it slowly and describe everything twice - remember that the modern reader only reads every second line.

     
  • At 3:27 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Yay! You guessed it, you get a prize!

    Thank you, and thanks for the advice. I'm just excited to have a direction to take the story. :)

     
  • At 7:57 PM , Blogger Steph said...

    60% of your shopping DONE? Oh my. Good work. I haven't started yet.

     
  • At 2:56 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Thanks, Steph. Yeah, I usually get a little done the day after thanksgiving and then put the rest off until the week before. Not this year. I. Have. A. Plan!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home