Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Stuff

::::A couple weeks ago my mom emailed me about doing a "girls night out" with me and my two sisters. "I feel like we've lost something really special that we used to have," she said. Um, wtf is she talking about? Is she talking about me trying not to stab myself in the head with a pen? Anyway, she suggested going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra as one thing we could do. Sure, that would be great, but with xmas coming and all, I don't really have fifty bucks for a concert ticket. I told her as much on the phone yesterday. "Oh, no, I'm buying the tickets," she said. Well, that makes it a bit different, twist my arm. I can handle an evening with my mom, and sisters (I get on pretty well with the youngest, but the middle and I have always been at odds).

::::Hey! The temperature finally dropped down to normal this week. And it snowed! Okay, it was just flurries, but still. Awesome! *goes off and does an obscenely dorky happy dance* I even conceded and turned on the heat.

::::A while back I discovered this awesome website, BookMooch . The whole idea is that it allows the people on the site to trade books. You list the books you have (you get 1/10 pt. ea.) and then you can request books that other people have. All you have to do is pay the postage on the books you send out. You get a point for each book you send and each book you request is a point (unless you mooch outside your country). Oh and you get 1/10 point for leaving feedback when you receive your book. It's a pretty sweet idea, you can trade books you don't want anymore for new ones. I've sent and received about 10 books each. Sure you get the occasional annoying person who will send you a reminder less than a week after they request a book, but most of the people are really cool.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 3:00 AM , Blogger phishez said...

    I've never had it snow where I live. In fact, I've only seen snow a handful of times.

     
  • At 4:45 AM , Blogger MissE said...

    snow?
    wait... wasn't he like a really bad white rap guy?


    I'm so looking forward to having time with my Mum once I move to Adelaide. And with my Dad. I just wish my sis would move there too when she gets back from London but she's nixed the idea.

    Hmmmm - BookMooch, huh? I dunno...

     
  • At 2:57 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Phishez - It's awesome.

    MissE - That's great that you'll get time with your family once you move. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home