Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Moving Right Along Then


*Late last week we received a note from the landlord informing us that they would be replacing the roof on our building. I live on the third and top floor, so it has been very noisy. At seven in the A.M. which is totally sleep time in my Big Book o' Life. It's not the hammering that keeps waking me up, it's the sound of stuff falling. The hopper that they're throwing all the stuff in is almost directly below my window, and they just slide the stuff over the edge. Also, these fellows have no rhythm. It sounds like the ceiling is being attacked by retarded woodpeckers.


*In less than three weeks I will be on vacation. Holy crap dudes! I haven't had more than four consecutive days off in over six years. Looking forward to it much? Hells yes. Of course, I have about 1000 things that need to be done by then, and I'm on...mmmm...number eight.


*I had to run an errand for work yesterday, and in twenty miles I almost got into four accidents. In no particular order, I was almost hit by a jeep, a pick-up, a semi-truck, and a cement-mixer.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger Steph said...

    Today is my last day at work for two whole weeks.

    I am beside myself with joy! Congrats on having a break too, isn't it just delicious!!

     
  • At 1:19 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Hooray for vacations. Hope you enjoy yours! :D

     
  • At 6:01 AM , Blogger phishez said...

    I hope those vehicles weren't parked.

     
  • At 1:03 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Nope they were all coming at me pretty fast!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home