Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Looking Forward

My vacation is just over two weeks away. Don't think that I'm just going to be lazing around for eight or nine days either. There are plans in the works. See, Julia and I are going to get a chance to meet and hang out with Mark for a week. Which is pretty freaking sweet. Up until this point I wasn't letting myself get excited about vacation or the meet up because I didn't want to get all excited out with months to go. Now, however, I am definitely entering a little realm called Totally Stoked.

It should be lots of fun. I get to do the driving (to Ontario, Canada), which pleases me because I like driving. I've only been to Canada once, and that was years and years ago, and we only went to Niagara Falls, which is not really into Canada. We're going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and Halloweekends at Cedar Point (Roller coasters meets Halloween), neither of which I've been too. I mean, I've been to Cedar Point during the summer, but never for Halloweekends. There's other stuff we'll be doing, and probably just hanging out in BG. (I believe there's some sort of half baked plan to be double fisting amaretto sours at eighties night, yes?)

Oh, and you know, expanding our horizons by interacting with someone from another part of the world, and introducing them to a truly Midwestern American cultural experience. *snort*

So it should be an all around interesting experience. :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    Dude! I didn't realize you had never gone to halloweekends before! It's a lot of fun.

    I too am totally stoked. At some point I need to make a driving to canadia playlist and buy some dramamine.

     
  • At 8:44 PM , Blogger Steph said...

    Sounds fun. Don't forget us all here, we'll be needing details and pics ;)

     
  • At 11:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pics aplenty, you bet.

    I can't believe you've only been to Canada once. It's only, like, a couple of hours away. Speaking of, you guys better check the border control regulations in advance. I hear they're a bit uptight about security in the US...

     
  • At 1:57 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Julia - Car sickness isn't real, Wuss!

    Kidding, kidding. Yeah, I have to cobble together some sort of a playlist as well. Oh, and get a radio in my call.

    Steph - Of course. I'm sure there will be blog fodder aplenty.

    Mark - Check and check.

    Pfft, security? Uptight? I have no idea what you're talking about. After all, what says "welcome travelers" better than a full body search? ;)

     
  • At 8:18 AM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    I am going to take my birth certificate just in case. Seems that it's usually not a big deal unless you piss off the border guards. Then a full cavity body search will be yours.

     
  • At 2:44 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Oh, I'm totally taking mine as well. It's always best to be prepared.

    I have no plans on pissing off the border guards. What do I look like, stupid? :D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home