Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Total Lunar Eclipse


Lunar Eclipse 9
Originally uploaded by trellus.

I had a chance to catch the lunar eclipse the other night (by night I mean a few hours before dawn). You may have missed it, maybe you were in the wrong hemisphere, or unaware of it, or maybe you were just asleep like a normal person should be at quarter to five in the morning. I put the best of the pictures I took on my flicr if you'd like to check them out.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:49 AM , Blogger phishez said...

    I saw it. Happened at 8:37 local time. Strange to think that we were both staring at the moon at the same time. Along with about a billion other people.

    But its all about us.

     
  • At 10:49 PM , Blogger Steph said...

    We had a great view in Oz, it was blood red and awesome.

     
  • At 2:34 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Glad you guys got a chance to catch it too. :) It was a pretty good one. I couldn't get any good pictures of it when it was all red (my camera is not that awesome). Also the moon was starting to set, and the sun was soon to come up, which made it harder to see. All in all it was a pretty good eclipse.

    And it is pretty cool that we were all watching the same eclipse!

     
  • At 5:34 AM , Blogger Shelley said...

    Ha ha! What they said.

    And it was pretty cool that we all saw the same eclipse especially as the western part of Australia [or so I understand] missed it entirely.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home