Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Thursday

Okay, I realize that it's now Saturday, but whatever. I procrastinate. Also, I slept until I had to go to work yesterday at 4, and I was still slightly hungover. Damn you, slow metabolism!

Thursday was interesting. I started work at 6am. It was the second morning in a row I had to be at work that early. Both days welcomed the sunrise with the particular combination of clouds and sun that I guess you could call stormlight. So, I was pretty sure it was going to storm on Thursday. By 7:30am there was a tornado warning, sirens going off and everything. Don't worry, the storm was at the other end of the county, and I don't think it ever actually produced a tornado. Still, few things grab your attention and wake you up like that. 7:30 is the wrong time of day for thunderstorms in general, so it was kind of weird.


Thursday night ended with me drinking beer with my boss and doing shots with her boss. Yeah. All of the general managers, along with our two district managers, were going out (to celebrate the one GM getting engaged and buying a house). They invited any other managers who wanted to come as well. I was a bit skeptical when then told me this bar (new in Toledo) was supposed to be a country bar. The decor was country themed, and there were lots of cowboy hats and boots in attendance, but the music was a mix (pop, 80's, country, what-have-you). They did have a mechanical bull. Which some of our number did decide to ride after a few drinks. I was not one of them, but I have some cell phone video of the fools who did. There was also some laughable dancing with a Random Cowboy on their part.


As for me, I had a false sense of security about the night. We met up at 8:30 (*way* earlier then my friends usually hit the bars), and we just had a couple beers and played pool to start. Everything was all good, the bar had dollar cans, and I thought five beers over the course of four hours was not over doing it. And it would have been fine, but then they started handing me shots. It wasn't like I was like, "Oh, shots. Get me some of that." I just walked up to my dm and was standing there, holding my beer(s), and they started handing me shit. It was a conspiracy I tell ya.

My boss teased me about being hungover too, and I wasn't even that bad off, just headachy. She kept saying things like, "You can't run with the big girls." Which sounded even dumber out loud, trust me. It's not like I could argue that I was hungover. When I started grumbling about it she said, "If it was me, you would be making fun of me." To which I replied, "You're damn right I would. You had just better take full enjoyment of this one opportunity to make fun of me." I'll get her back one of these days. Sweet, sarcasticy Justice shall be mine.

Or something.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home