Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Friday, August 03, 2007

I Declare...

...An end to all the crap that is going on. Seriously, I command it. Actually I commanded it at six o'clock this evening when I got home. Six was the time that we started changing over from the bad:

*I was very late to work today. The really bad kind of late. The kind where your boss's boss had to come and unlock the doors. Luckily I only live about two minutes from work. And, yes, I got in trouble, but not really bad trouble. She wasn't irate at me, and left not long after I got there. Pretty much there was nothing that could have made me madder or more disgusted with myself (stupid insomnia and alarm trouble). Later she asked me how things went and when I said they had gone perfectly fine she said she had known that I'd be just fine. Which shows some faith in me, which is nice.

*We were completely out of a bunch of crap that is vital to the running of our business. I had to call and get stuff from other places three times today.

*I had to field a serious customer complaint today. Not fun. It was one of those things that got blown out of proportion. However, we resolved it on our end with little drama.

*I had to write up another one of my guys today for a minor infraction, but it was unavoidable. He's transfering in a couple weeks. Hopefully he won't mess up again before that.

*It was humid as hell today. Then, this afternoon, the wind kicked up and it started to pour. And then got even more humid. I'm not sure how that was possible. We have humidity that seems to defy the laws of meteorology.

*I called my dad. He was supposed to stop down after work and help me get my mattress home from the store (it finally came in Tuesday). When I asked him what the plan was he said, "Oh, I forgot about you." Gee, thanks, Dad. He did turn around and come right down.

To the good:

*I now have all the parts of my bed (frame, boxspring, mattress). I had been sleeping on my futon mattress thrown on the boxspring for about two weeks which was better than the futon mattress on the floor, and *way* better than the futon mattress on the futon frame. Tonight I will be sleeping in a (real) bed of my own for the first time in seven years.

*I went shopping w/Julia to get some stuff for the party tomorrow chips, cake mix, booze, what have you. Of course, when I got home I realized I don't have any eggs to make the cake with, so I will have to hit up a store first thing tomorrow.

Hopefully we're going to keep this trend of good things going. Hmm, need to go make a to do list for tomorrow. Laters.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 4:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've been in jobs where the chain of command was more like the chain of anger and intimidation. That really sucks. Hope your place is more positive.

     
  • At 2:09 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    "the chain of anger and intimidation" Nice.

    It's pretty okay most of the time. A lot of people think my boss's boss is pretty intimidating, but I think she's cool.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home