Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead

Okay, so nobody actually died, but somebody did quit! I got the call yesterday telling me that the woman who had been my Number One Foe got another job and quit on the spot yesterday. This was after she had been crying, yes crying, and she's in her fifties, because she "didn't get enough hours" (Hey try being available for more hours, or pick up some open shifts). So my boss caved and gave her more hours, and then she quits two days later. I don't even fucking care about being shorthanded at this point.



During the time she has worked there this woman has done everything possible to make work unpleasant. During her first week on the job she tried to get me in trouble right away. She said I wasn't respecting her and she deserved respect because she was older than me. She even said, 'If my daughter talked to me that way I would smack her down.' And was fucking serious! Things pretty much went downhill from there.



You know, I don't even want to go into all of it right now. I'm not going to tarnish this moment of triumph rehashing all the shit she tried to pull, unpleasantness visited upon everyone, gossiping, and vendettas against me that transpired. She's somebody else's problem now!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 10:03 PM , Blogger Steph said...

    Hooray! I love it when good triumphs over evil. I've had my own battle at work with a devil bitch, so i know what you went through.

    I hope the door hits her arse hard on the way out.

     
  • At 12:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Man, I'm happy for you, but the internet is no place for discretion. Tell all! Vent thy spleen! Et cetera!

     
  • At 2:48 AM , Blogger phishez said...

    Woo! I count that as a victory. YOU WON!

    Well, you might be short staffed (though it sounds like she didn't do all that much work anyway) but you'll be happier. I hope the next person to work with you is an uber hott youngie of your sexual preference. Or a gay guy. They're always good for shoe shopping.

     
  • At 2:30 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Steph - Thanks, but you know the whole thing happened on my day off, and I missed it. Apparently she was all crying and hugging random people.

    Mark - Thanks for the encouragement. I was going to type out more, but some of it seemed kind of dumb, even if all those little things do add up over time.

    Phishez - You're right, sometimes she did so little work it was like, negative work.

    And you'd think that since I'm one of the people who does the hiring we could get some decent eye candy. No such luck, a complete drought of attractiveness in our applicants lately.

     
  • At 3:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, if the little things weren't important, there would be no point to blogging. But fair enough, you don't have to make a list of them.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home