Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Just a bunch of random sh...stuff

*Earlier this week I made the last payment on my car. It's mine now. All mine.

*What is the socially acceptable amount of time to allow to pass before removing the previous person's laundry from the dryer? I ask because the bulding I live in has 22 apartments and only 2 washers and 2 dryers. I figure if I wait a half hour after the dryer has stopped and you still have not come down to remove your laundry then it is fair game for me to pile it on top and dry my clothes.

*Special, collecter's, deluxe, ultimate, steel case, limited, anniversary, widescreen, 2-Disc, Criterion Coolection, full screen, director's cut, new line platinum series, unrated, uncut, uncensored, special delivery, extended........Seriously, I was browsing dvds the other day, and I found a new special edition of a special edition dvd I already owned. What is this? The special special edition I guess. I'd be irritated by the fact if that you never can be sure you have the final release of a dvd if it weren't for the fact that a lot of extras they slap on are just crap.

*My dad and I were wandering around Sam's Club the other day. If you've never been to one, let me tell you, it's kind of a weird place. Sam's club and walmart are the same company (or one owns the other or whatever), so they have the usual senior citizen greeter at the door. Except this greeter checks everybody who comes in to see if their a memeber of sam's club, because that's how you get the deals. You have to flash your card. It's like a cult. And there's no rhyme or reason to the stuff they sell. Bulk food, clothes, plasma tvs, pools, mattresses. I probably should have let my dad buy me groceries, but honestly my cupboards were stocked. We're totaly compulsive grocery buyers in my family, and my dad is always offering me food. For the twenty-fifth consecutive year I'm awarding my dad the Best Dad in the Universe Award. He's my freakin' hero. :)

*You know what term I don't like? Senior citizen. I just think it sounds dumb. I realize that it might be 'politically correct', but it seems patronizing. What's wrong with calling old people old? They are. Barring illness or injury we're all going be old some day. We're all going to be wrinkled and old, shuffling around probably with our hear aids cranked and our ipod earbuds still jammed in our ears. I don't have a problem with getting older.

*It seems that the warmer the temperature the stupider pedestrians become. I saw a bunch of them practically stop in the crosswalk to discuss the length of the crossing signal time. They just kept walking out into the streets. Like bugs to a bugzapper.

*Has anybody else seen the sour skittles commercial where the guy has a milking machine attatched to his torso and it's just pumping away? So fucking wrong!

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    I've seen that commercial, and I don't like it either.

    Someone in our building took it upon themselves to write us a nasty note because we apparently left our clothes in the dryer too long for their liking. What I think about it is this: take the clothes out and set them aside like everyone else does. I'd understand leaving the note if we were repeat offenders, but bitching at me the first time? Fuck you!

    And it was most definitely a woman, I could tell by the writing. Not that that has any kind of significance.

     
  • At 10:04 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Maybe they felt uncomfortable touching your clothes. Gosh, why can't you be more understanding of people's completely neurotic tendencies?! ;)

     
  • At 6:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, we like to hide age away in our society don't we? Just call 'em elderly I say.

    Did you get someone to interview? Send me some Qns if you like.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home