Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Family Loves Me

A month or so ago my family (okay, my dad's family) had an apartment warming party for my Cousin M. She's my age, but she just got her first apartment and is living by herself. I was hanging out at her new place for a while after everybody else left. My cousin asked me what we did for my apartment party because she didn't remember. I reminded her that we didn't have one for me. She freaked out a little and kept saying how bad she felt. I told her it was no big deal. I moved out the same year I graduated from high school, so people got me stuff for my apartment at my graduation party. She maintained that it wasn't the same and she felt bad. I kept telling her it was fine and thought that would be the last of it.

A couple weeks ago my Aunt N (not that cousin's mom, a different aunt) called me up. She said she realized that it was quite a bit late (like, oh, say 7 years), but they wanted to have a party for me. I agreed, but told her that nobody had to buy me stuff. Of course a List was demanded from me later and I was told to make sure I put plenty of stuff on it so they didn't all buy me the same thing. Whatever makes them happy I guess. :)

Yesterday was the appointed day for my family to descend upon my domicile. This apartment is the largest and nicest one I've had, and I feel like it's my first really grown up place, so I was happy to have my family over. Plus it gave me an idea of what it's going to be like at Christmas when they all come over. I bought some chips and made a fruit salad, my grandmother made meatballs (I don't know what kind of meat other than, the delicious kind) and brownies (they may be from a package, but they are soooo good). All in all we had a really good time. Some of my cousins even raided my dvd collection. They were checking out what I had and started going "*GASP* You have Howl's Moving Castle!?" "You have the Simpsons?!?!" "You Have Chrono Crusade!!! I Haven't Seen The LAST EPISODE!!!" So being the awesome cousin that I am I let them borrow a few items.

And, of course, I got some Loot. Including a new dvd player. Mine works about one time in twenty, so yeah, that sucks. Everybody makes fun of my dvd player, and by association me. So now you can all shut up. You won't have to deal with the 'Shitsonic' anymore. My roommate will be especially happy about that; I guess that will make meeting my family all worth it for him. :P

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 7:02 AM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    We need to get together and watch "blood the last vampire". Eddie's already seen it, so I don't think he's interested. I have it in my blockbuster queue.

    Glad you got some awesome new stuff for your place. That dvd player was a piece of shit for sure.

     
  • At 8:13 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    I've heard good things about that, so I'm definately interested in watching it.

    Thanks. Guess we all have to go through at least one totally crap dvd player, like your Apex. :)

     
  • At 5:20 AM , Blogger MissE said...

    hmmm... does this mean that I get to have a "moving back home to the parents" party at the end of the year? To which you would completely be invited if you lived in the Southern Hemisphere, by the way!

    Nice score on the dvd player, btw - and I agree with the colonel, you should watch "blood - the last vampire". I'm currently awaiting the second volume of the Hellsing sereis at my video store.

     
  • At 11:58 PM , Blogger Steph said...

    Gotta love presents! Even if they are seven years too late. ;)

     
  • At 7:24 AM , Blogger lucy said...

    See now, that is an awesome family right there.

    I mean family love (even if it is late) combined with presents equals lovely.

     
  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    MissE - Thanks for inviting me! ;) Why do all my cool new friends live in a different hemisphere. Dammit! lol

    Steph & Lucy - Exactly, my family is awesome. :)

     
  • At 3:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, Blood is an OK movie. More eye candy than plot tho, and that hand guy is a tool.

    I waaaay sympathise about the sleep talking. I have a feeling I say mean things when I'm with a girl and she falls asleep on my arm or something, owing to the fact that I dream about someone trying to hurt me. Not that I'd ever ask about it. Eek.

    Very trendy dreams with Velociraptors and zombies, btw. Pirates and ninjas next?

     
  • At 1:33 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Mark - Eye candy is okay now and then. :)

    Maybe it's just because I'm a sleep talker too, but I don't see how you could hold what a person says in their sleep against them. It's like snoring, nobody does it on purpose.

    I'm sorry, dreams where people are trying to hurt you do suck. I've had that, usually in the form of long chases scenes. I get all kinds of stuff, but no ninjas or pirates, yet.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home