Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Here's to you

You know, it's funny. You forget how awesome it is to receive unsolicited compliments until you get one.

I went to a family reunion on Sunday, my paternal grandmother's family, the Smiths. [Yeah, guess it's okay to drop that name, rather hard to trace, that.] Anyway, my dad wasn't there when my I arrived, but my grandmother was. I sat down to talk with her and her sister, and some other people whose names I do not know. They were actually doing all the talking. I don't remember what they were talking about, but my great-aunt suddenly said to me, "You have a beautiful complexion. I'm not saying you're not pretty either. You're a very pretty girl." Aw, a gaggle of relative's think I'm pretty. People are paying attention to me? What do I do?!? Ack! Self-confidence resevoirs totally overwhelmed. System Failure! Blue Screen of Death!!!

Reboot.

So, I felt pretty good about that. Then I thought about how nice unsolicited compliments are, and how I'm sure most of us don't get enough. So without further ado compliments for eveybody!:

Ladies, you're all beautiful and your hair looks fantastic!
Guys, you're all very handsome and witty!

Or would you perfer more individually specific compliments? Wait, would that make them solicited compliments then? Crap. I had good intentions

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home