Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

And Break!

Who has two thumbs and the next three days off? This guy!

I don't even have any plans.

I was going to go to the place on the lake if no one was up there, but my cousins are up there. I considered going camping, but funds need to be applied elsewhere. Maybe a day trip then? Decisions that can all be made in the morning. For now all I have is a quiz. The results are none too surprising. Laters.


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North
 

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
 
The Northeast
 
Philadelphia
 
The South
 
The West
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 7:23 AM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    Wasn't this quiz the coolest?

    When I went to florida for spring break, I was in line with my friends and said "Can I borrow a dollar?" And the cashier was like "Holy crap! you said dollar! where are you from?!?" Like I sounded like some hillbilly hick.

    I gave him my most withering look and pointed out that there was a family dollar at the plaza across the street.

    Douche.

    On a totally different note, I have a pair of old reeboks that are waiting to get the shappu put to them! when are we going to cut them in half? =)

     
  • At 12:25 AM , Blogger Winter said...

    Indeed, the quiz was awesometastic, and totally right about "pop". What's wrong with saying "dollar"? It's a word, not some bizarre colloquialism.

    Different Note: Um, we can shappu your shoes whenever you next shuffle your ass over here. We can even tape it and blog it if you'd like. :)

     
  • At 2:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YES. DO THAT. I'm amazed the way you guys get stuck into things :)

    Apparently I'm from the northeast. All of the words sounded different.

     
  • At 2:04 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Eh, I just wound up doing a bunch of stuff around home that needed done, but Julia and I and some of our friends are going to a baseball game tonight. Should prove interesting.

    Yeah, most of the words sounded different to me, a couple sound close, but still different.

     
  • At 3:51 AM , Blogger MissE said...

    Hey winter!
    Just for the fun of it I took the quiz... figuring I'd see what an Aussie would come up as:

    "Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island."

    Having never been to the US I have no idea how to take that but I'm pretty sure I don't sound like a New Yorker... not if all that wonderful American TV I watch is any clue.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home