Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Random Observations and Questions

  • Tuesday it was 82 degrees with beautiful clear skies. Yesterday and today it has been snowing. Ah, you have to love spring (and weather in general) in Ohio.
  • Who died and made Oprah queen advice giver on everything? Oprah says this will help you sleep. Oprah says that's a good book. Oprah says blargedeeblargleblah. Also, Dr. Phil, same thing. And why do people take weight loss advice from him, a man who looks like a walrus invaded his ancestry?
  • What is the proper protocol for when the maintenance guy shows up at your apartment? Should you make small talk? Is it rude if I just carry on with what I'm doing and let them get their job done?
  • You ever notice how, while you're running around town, you come up with all kinds of things to blog about, but as soon as you sit down and open up this page you can't think of a damn thing?
  • You know what's gross? People who leave their bags of trash outside their door in the hallway of an apartment building, for days. If you went through the bother of rounding up your garbage and actually moved it out your door it stands to reason that you might as well follow through and take it to the dumpster.
  • The word 'potato' should be pronounced as it is spelled, beginning with a 'p' and ending with a long 'o'. Puh-tay-tuh and buh-tay-tah are not acceptable. Those people who are doing it incorrectly should take note and STOP IT! Incidentally I just learned that potatoes are a member of the nightshade family.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM , Blogger Steph said...

    Bahahaha! I agree with all your points. Especially the blog one. I now put reminders in my phone when i see something funny that needs to be blogged about.

     
  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    How about when people say melk?
    I hate that. It makes me want to stab them in the brain.

    Also, how was your first day o' management training?

     
  • At 4:28 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Steph - That's a good idea. I get ideas and forget them often, so I try to write them down now. All that means is at the end of the week I have a pile of paper scraps with notes or cryptic messages in my notebook. le sigh.

    Colonel - Yes! I hate 'Melk' too. :)

    First day went pretty okay, but little was expected of me, so...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home