Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Promoted!

That's right, I've joined the dark side (you know management). Monday I start my managemental training. My 'interview' today went something like this:

Boss: You're interested?
Me: Sure.
Boss: Ok, cool.

Oh, and I'll get health insurance too, woot. I'll have to start working 50 hours a week. I realize that's not as grueling as a lot of other people's schedules, but I'm doing about 35 right now, and that has definately spoiled me. And, of course, more money. The real reason, a 30% increase in pay. Don't get excited, I don't make that much to start with. This is exciting because I'll be able to pay stuff off much sooner, but I think the extra from that first check is going to sponser a little shopping trip.

Cuz, you know, I need new clothes.

P.S. A New Story is up and new comic strips starting here.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM , Blogger Steve said...

    Mwahhaha.
    Welcome to the dark side.

     
  • At 8:25 PM , Blogger MissE said...

    Congrats!
    So, your company now pays for your health insurance?
    Cool.
    I gots ta pay for my own or else I am reliant on our public health system... *shudder* ... not that having the private health cover necessarily means things are that much better.

    Anyway, nuf about me - CONGRATS to you, Winter, a season of management!

    Oh and have a happy Easter.

     
  • At 1:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Fifty hours a week? Man, that's like ten hours a day. You'll end up all weird and pale like Lucy.

     
  • At 7:50 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Steve - shut up :)

    MissE - Thanks! I'm not sure what the details are on the health insurance, might be an 80/20 kind of thing, but it's better than nothing. Hope you have a good Easter too.

    Mark - Hey, don't pick on Lucy. ;) Besides, aren't you kind of on the pale side too?

     
  • At 3:12 PM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    Congrats on the promotion. I hope you don't have too many hopes for your first born, since they'll be taking that from you.

    Oh, and you should buy me a drink since you're going to be having so much more extra cash. =P (j/k of course. Unless you really want to.)

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Julia - Thanks! (I guess)

    Well I think normally you would buy me a drink, but whatever. As soon as I get that first big check I will buy a round for us! :)

     
  • At 4:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Rats. Pwned.

     
  • At 9:38 PM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    I am kidding. I will buy you a drink of course.

     
  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Mark - lol

    Julia - Thanks guy!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home