Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

There is no spoon

Yesterday I started off in a pretty good mood even though I only had a few hours of sleep. I've actually been in a good mood all week, but then the Old Baggage at work started in with her usual. I could feel myself getting angry, and since I had no outlet I just started seething. This is never good. When I'm being loud and angry, everything's fine, but when I get quieter and quieter is when it's really bad. The anger just becomes a self-perpetuating system, it feeds off itself. All of this means that I was headed for having a shitty day. Salvation was at hand however. One of our new guys went to hand me something, instead he lost his grip, it glanced off the counter and was headed straight for a collision coarse we me. My instincts kicked in and I did this Matrix-y leap backward before I even had realized that I was about to be struck. Witnesses attest to my lightning fast movement and cat-like reflexes. It was pretty awesome, and kind of silly, but it totally made my day and completely erased my bad mood.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM , Blogger Steph said...

    lol, it's funny how it only takes a small thing to turn your day around.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home