Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Review of Events from Last Weekend

*Friday night we went up to Toledo to see my friend Charles' band Straight to the Withdrawal play. They got on the bill to open for Seven Mary Three which was pretty cool for them. They put on a great show, made connections, got exposure, etc. I'll even say that their set was the one I enjoyed the most. The band before them I had seen once before (not on purpose). They are horrible with a capital horror. Just this awful rap/rock/trailer-trash/awfulness, and (of course) they think that they are really, really sweet. The band after was...ehn, not impressed. Their sound was just all over the place, different sytles, tempos, all in the same song. And then we went upstairs to watch Seven Mary Three. They were ok. I mean I had only heard Water's Edge and Cumbersome before, so I was expecting a little more Rock. We were just sitting there, half awake, when some dude affiliated with the band came out on stage naked (ok, I think he was wearing a pair of ladies underpants, we were sitting pretty far away). He yelled out "Seven Mary Three sucks balls", whipped his out his (as I was later informed) not so impressive stuff, did a couple cartwheels, and crashed into the bassist who pushed him off the stage into the crowd. Yeah, nobody caught him. After that we went to Charles' for afterparty, and I finally got home and fell asleep around 6am, making it a full 24 hours.

*Saturday was St. Patricks day, so after 5 hours of sleep it was off to the bars for green beer and some more band watching. Julia, Steve, and I went to catch Bancroft play. They did a great Weezer cover and a hilarious Tenacious D cover too. My friend, the DrinkingBoy, never called me, but I presume this is because he was passed out somewhere, possibly a gutter or some girl's bed. I'm not holding that against him. He's a lot of fun to hang with, a certain kind of fun mind you. Then we (plus Julia's husband) went over to Charles' place for a barbeque (I made a peanut butter pie for the occasion). After that I went home and crashed. And the guy who wanted to hang out with me never called, but hey, it's a big party day, so that was fine.

*Sunday I went to my cousin's wedding shower. It was one of those well put together ones as opposed to just sitting around in someone's living room. There were prizes, I got a basket of stuff as a door prize. My cousin got quite a lot of swag. Maybe it's just because I've been independent of my parents for so long and that I have all the necessities for my place. I just can't imagine getting all new stuff (like blenders, bread makers, matching towels and dishes, etc). I guess if you want new stuff then getting married gives you the hook up.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for writing this.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home