Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Friday, February 02, 2007

You are all retarded

I had kind of an angry day today. And by angry I mean that my pissed off levels had reached critical mass and became self perpetuating, requiring no external stimuli to maintain and/or increase said levels. So angry that I'm going to insult the mentally handicapped by using the word "retarded", and I don't like to have to do that. So here is a short list of things that have been pissing me off over the last couple days. (And cue the ranting.)

1.) On YouTube - There are thousands of you out there who need your uploading privileges revoked. You are ruining everything that made YouTube great. At one point a person could actually find interesting clips, hilarious homemade videos, and even whole tv shows. Not so much now. Now it's spam up to the eyeballs. Every search turns up a whole steaming pile of crap because you feel the need to put a bunch of random words and every number from 1 to 238 in your video description so that any search I perform HAS to pull up your crappily edited montage of anime clips set to Linkin Park. And then, when I actually find some clips from Saturday Night Live that I was looking for some amateur Spielberg has added music to the damn clip. I can hardly hear the original audio, you know, the part that has the damn jokes!

2.)Idiot Alert at the Highest Level

3.) A certain coworker who feigns ignorance of how to do her job. I had extra work to do this morning and didn't need to be bother with stupid, simpering questions. I know she's just doing it to be annoying and to suck up my time and to get attention. I don't care, she needs to stop it and grow up...And she's the oldest employee there.

4.) Spam and the people out there who must be buying into in to make it worth someone's' while to inundate the rest of us with it. I've covered YouTube spam, but there's still email spam, regular mail spam, infomercials, telemarketers, comment spam, whole blogs that are spam, email spam (I'm really tired of that, so it gets mentioned twice), and good, old fashioned door to door soliciting. Stop it!

5.) A certain home improvement store I worked at last summer. Legally, a company is supposed to provide you with your w-2 forms by January 31st so that you can file you blasted taxes. Thus far I have not received my w-2 from them. Attempting to call the store has proved somewhat futile. Yesterday I got somebody's voicemail on one extention and the other I tried was busy. Today I got somebody, but they just transferred me back over the HR person who is not there! So, I left a message that time; hopefully I get a response before Monday because if I don't I'm going to be ringing up the corporate office, and if this isn't resolved quickly I'm going to damn well report them.

----

Sorry to gripe, I'll try to have something better to say next time. Now I'm off to finish my chores so I can go drink beers and watch Straight to the Withdrawal's show tonight.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM , Blogger Steph said...

    I agree with all your rants. Well said. Specially about YouTube. Every prick and his dog wants his fifteen seconds of fame and it's all gone to hell.

     
  • At 8:28 PM , Blogger Steve said...

    At least the show was enjoyable. I must say that bar was not very BG like and that was really nice.

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Steph - Thanks. I think there are a lot of once great things on the internet that are being ruined by rampant jackassery.

    Steve - Yes, I think that the reason it's nice is because not too many people know about it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home