Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tonight's Forcast: Blizzard


The Blizzard of '07 has rolled into town. I don't know why the news people always have to come up with a stupid name for any weather event. The Weather Channel is calling it 'February Fury'. The local news is going with 'Big Blast'. Stuuuupid. My boss called me at quarter to six this morning to tell me that we were under a level three snow emergency [only emergency personal are supposed to be out on the roads] (see what Colonel Eggroll says about that); she went on to say that they were going to try and have eveybody come in two hours later. It was my turn then to inform her that today is my day off. Thanks a lot, jerk.
And any discussion of snow in multiple inches in this area cannot avoid bringing up the Blizzard of '78. It's true that this county was the hardest hit by that particular storm. They had to call in the national guard to dig people out. It's the measuring stick by which all snowfall is judged by the media around here. Yesterday was not up to that level of craziness, but it was a nice little blizzard all the same. 10 inches of snow (give or take), 35 mph winds, and near white out conditions. The storm kind of tapered off suddenly last night or we would have probably recieved another 4 or 5 inches.
I put up some snowy pictures on my flickr if you're interested.
Oh and I did get out my winter coat last night when I went out to help one of my neighbors get his car unstuck.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:33 PM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    What I would've given to have a vehicle with 4 wheel drive the other day! It's hard to get around when your car is of matchbox proportions. At least I don't drive a festiva. It would've been completely buried!

    Btw, are you available to go bowling tommorow night, say around ten-ish?

     
  • At 12:04 PM , Blogger Steve said...

    Thanks for your flickr link. I totally copied some pictures I have been meaning to barrow from you.

     
  • At 12:54 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Colonel - 'festiva' lol.

    Steve - Um, that might take the cake on laziest thing of the week. Seriously.
    Also, borrow is not spelled with an 'a'. Even I know that. :P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home