Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

A rich, full weekend

Obviously, if we got to Wednesday before I finished this and posted it, it would be safe to say I got distracted. You may blame my ps2 and "Champions of Norrath". In leiu of everything I had typed, and then today decided to delete, here is a quick synopsis of last weekend.

Friday: Straight to the Withdrawal show at Grumpy Dave's Pub featuring awesome original music by the band, some great covers and some hilarious covers (they made J do a Jewel song, poor guy). Also was dashing through 3 degree weather without coat.

Saturday: Dorktivities

Sunday: waffles, pajamas, a few boring hours at work, video games, and I didn't even watch the Stupor Bowl.

----

Just a few more hours until Lost. I've only managed to make it through the last three months by putting the matter out of my mind completely. By not dwelling on it I have managed to avoid going insane from the suspense. Just killing time here until then.

There are new comics up at Help Wanted . If you haven't check it out lately because I went, like, a month with out putting anything up I apologize again, but there's new stuff and I've got more stuff I'm working on that's nearly ready to go. So check it out. For anyone who's seen the rough drafts, and cares, we're in the middle of the 'New Guy takes down the flag' series and will be getting to some of the great Laze material soon.

It is a balmy 10 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside here. We had a 'warm' front pass through yesterday bringing a bit more snow and pushing the temperatures up into double digits. I was weak, I bought some gloves today. Not because I don't have any. I have some really thick ones that are great if I'm shoveling snow, or sledding, but not so great for just wearing around. I just picked up some of those cheap coloured ones to get me by since mine have gone awol. However, I still have resisted breaking out the heavy coat (go stubbornness!). I have a light one I wear to work; other times I just wear a jacket or a scarf, and gloves.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hah, cool use of gargoyles. You need a setup where the reader can punch a 'next' button to skip between comic or something but.

    Oh, and it sounds freezing there. Can't believe you actually have to shovel snow. What's with that?

     
  • At 10:01 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    I love that little gargoyle, he's so angry and cute. I'm definately going to have to use him again. I have an idea for a 'next' button type thing, hmm, we'll have to see if it works.

    Yeah, it's not supposed to get above freezing again any time in the next week. Usually I don't have to deal with shoveling snow, what with living the apartment life, but I had to shovel snow at work one day last week.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home