Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Finally

Well, it's not much, but it's the most snow we've had this year. Pretty poor showing for the middle of January. Usually we would have had a lot more snow by now, but it seems it's an El Nino year. Or maybe it's just global warming. What was it a week and a half or two ago that it was 70 degrees in New York City. I heard they were saying that the cherry trees had started to blossom. Does this freak anybody else out?

I threw the second picture in because if you look in the lower right hand corner you can see where somebody traced a big spiral on the ground in the snow. I thought that was kind of weird. Also the
building you're looking at in the picture is the building I lived in

last year. Middle row, second from the right, that was me. Okay, so I didn't move very far this last time.

There's this drinking game that some of us play sometimes (sorry no transitional material), it's called Circle of Death. Or as I prefer, Circle of Doom. You spread a deck of cards in a circle, draw a card, and do what ever activity is assigned to that card. Pretty basic. Well nines (I think) are Rhyme. Ususally some one picks and easy word, like cat or cow. I picked platypus. The reasoning? There's only one word that rhymes with it, octopus, so somebody is going to get hosed pretty soon. I just realized yesterday that there are a ton of words that rhyme with playtpus: octopus, litmus, famous, delirious, bus, plus, cuss, etc. I mean, Jeez! That was obviously some drunk logic.

Also, I'm being plagued by strange dreams. Okay, okay, stranger than the normal strangeness, and with greater frequency. Is this going around or did I just draw lucky on the dream lottery?

3 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM , Blogger Aisling. said...

    http://www.nachoninja.blogspot.com <--- Well; tell them I said thanks for spreading 'internet joy' as such ;]

    &tbh = to be honest :]

    I overuse that phrase too much tbh.

    =]

     
  • At 8:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think platypus has only imperfect rhymes. 'Fatter puss' would do it, but that's two words and I don't think that counts either. Top marks for knowledge of Australian fauna anyway.

    I'm applying for a conference at Northwestern soon - maybe I'll get to stop off for a Circle of Doom along the way ;)

     
  • At 6:36 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Oooo, that would be cool. If you're going to be in the neighborhood (hemispherically speaking) you'll have to let me know and I'll bring my deck of cards. :)

    And yeah, I have a wealth of knowledge on a multitude of topics, which is great if I ever get into a life and death trivia match. ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home