Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Domestic Affairs

The landlord's office called the other day about renewing our lease, and we decided to go ahead and do it. I'm stoked because this means I don't have to move again this August. Although, I think that I have to help Le. And La. Move this summer to repay them for helping us to move in here. It won't be bad because they're only moving across the hall in their building. The doorways are only about five and a half feet apart.



I took my last roll of film in to be developed. I forgot how long ago I took some of those pictures. Since I'm impatient and lazy I not only did one-hour developing, but wandered around the store whilst I was waiting. I picked up some new loot including the notebook because it's cute (even it is pink, don't normally do pink...but c'mon it says 'I *heart* nerds'!) and two new plants. The pink one is a kalanchoe (I have no idea what it is but it's pretty) and the other is an Arabian coffee plant. It's supposed to actually produce coffee beans eventually. Not that I drink coffee or that I would drink coffee made from beans grown on a plant I bought at Wal-Mart. The rest of my plants are actually doing well, by which I mean still alive and growing. I read that the most common problem with house is over watering. Not my plants. My geraniums aren't happy unless they're getting water at least every other day.

Then I got my pictures back and found something miraculous. Not like seeing the virgin Mary in your ramen miraculous. Just miraculous lite - I found a decent picture of myself. I don't know why it's always such a problem. I've seen what I look like - okay. And then I see pictures of myself - not okay. But this one is passsing fair. Although I forgot exactly how red my hair was last summer. So perhaps it is the exception that proves the non-photogenic rule.

Oh, and my mother still hasn't called me to tell me what's going on...four days and counting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home