Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

around town today

I recently got the whole internet/instore movie pass bandwagon. It is sweet. Mostly because of the seventy-odd channels I have available to me I watch about 3. So the movie pass is awesome because I can get all sorts of crap through the internet and then go to the store and get more crap whenever I want.

While driving around today I saw a license plate that said "EEEMALE". I'm going to wonder about that.

In the same plaza as the movie rental store there is a place that does tax preparations. It's name has 'Liberty' somewhere in the title. I have to say that when I think of getting my taxes done I don't usually think of liberty. Anyway, their gimmick is to have somebody stand out by the street in a green toga and crown and wave at the passing cars. In the coldest months of the year. Oh, and did I mention that this particular street, Main Street, has a tendency towards large puddles with even the smallest amount of rain (possibly because we live in a freaking swamp). Sounds like the best job ever. Now I need to find out why one of my friends is working there.

My mother finally called me back on Sunday. That's right, a week after she first called me. She was in Texas on business. If she hadn't called me to chat while she was down there a few weeks ago I might believe that they don't have phones in Texas. She related to me, using unnecessary suspense, that my brother is fine.

Also in the same plaza as the movie store and the Liberty Tax place is a Big Lots. I scored a jewelry armoire on clearance for 25 bucks that I had spotted two days ago. Now all my stuff has a home instead of being scattered between a jewelry box, a jar, several dishes, and a repurposed toolbox.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:15 PM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    Hey, got another rental suggestion. If you're up for some sci fi tv series action, rent battlestar galactica. Top notch!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home