Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Me gusta la comida de El Zarape

Yesterday my good friend Colonel Eggroll and I went to have lunch at one of our favorite eateries, El Zarape, or as we sometimes affectionately refer to it "the rape". It's one of my favorites, the best Mexican food evAR. In spite of its popularity we never have to wait for a table, the food is delicious, the prices are good, the servers are friendly, and I've only waited more than 15 minutes for my meal once (on a friday night when the place was packed wall to wall). After receiving our chips and salsa we gave our order to the lady who usually waits on us, a very nice, soft spoken middle aged woman.

We were about half-way through our meals when two couples were seated in the booth directly behind us. We've all had it happen, there are other open tables, but they put people right next to each other. It wouldn't have annoying except one of the two guys was a loud douchebag. He was talking loudly about what to order, the others ordered right away. Thig guy seemed to have trouble deciphering what the dishes were, in spite of the fact that they all have a description right under them. When the waitress came back he was like "I want some Menudo!" She was talking to them and the douchebag suddenly says "what did all the cooks here get deported?" Let me establish that all the people who work there are hispanic/latino/proper-pc-term-for-anyone-from-Mexico, Central, or Latin America. I heard the waitress say "What??" And he repeated it! and just as he finished one of the cooks came out with some plates and the douche says "oh here's one now!" Col. E and I about died. The saddest thing about the whole ordeal was that there were three other people with the guy who were just like "whatever" about the situation. I wouldn't have blamed her for braining him with one of those heavy, hot plates they use.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    God, that guy was an ass. I hope the cooks did something terrible to his food so that he ended up shitting his brains out all night. Not that there would be much to shit out.

     
  • At 9:27 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    There had to be so little that in fact shitting his brains out would cause a negative vacuum which could cause his entire body to fold up in a reverse implosion and turn inside out.

     
  • At 2:58 AM , Blogger Steve said...

    I would have cheered for her to hit him with a plate, HARD.

     
  • At 11:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Er. What a teabag. I guess the restaraunt people are used to shit like that though.

    I had Mexican once. It was great.

     
  • At 4:50 AM , Blogger lucy said...

    God some people are complete douchebags.

    I'm still trying to find a great Mexican place in Sydney because fuck I love me some Mexican. The more cheese, the more meat, the more sour cream, the more guacamole the happier Lucy is.

    And it apparently causes me to refer to myself in the first person.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home