Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Lewt-mas

Well I hope everybody had a good holiday weekend. I sure did even in spite of coming down sick for the second freaking time this year! I had a total of three days off, so that was nice. Saturday I spent baking; I tried my hand at making candy. I made mint chocolate truffles drizzled with a little white chocolate. They turned out pretty damn good if you ask me. Oh, and I made lasagne too. I added zucchini instead of meat because my roommate, Steve, is a non-meatatarian. It was also tasty.

Sunday I went up to my dad's to visit and I spent the night there. He lives in a modular/mobile home that while v. nice is still pretty small. Since I never actually lived there I don't have a room of my own. Hence I get to have the bottom bunk in my (half)brother's room. Well I get it after I kick all the stuffed dinosaurs out of it. They take up about 3 feet of a bed that is not very big to begin with. My futon might not be the most comfortable bed, but at least I can roll over without falling out. So I evicted the dinos, curled up under the pokemon blanket, and went to sleep. I was the first one up in the morning, apparently I was more excited about christmas morning than my nine-year-old brother. Jeez, we never slept in when I was his age; crack of dawn and we were up.

We opened presents there. Then we went to my Uncle's to visit with my dad's family. There were heaps of food and more presents. Then I dashed up to another Uncle's house to visit with my mom's family. Oh, and to get even more presents. My mom gave me a shit-ton of stuff. And believe me, I'm not complaining, I'm just establishing that it was somewhat unexpected. So here's a run down of the spoils of xmas:

::Clothes
::A Game Boy Micro and some games (it really is tiny, but the screen quality is amazing; especially for someone who had both the original GameBoy and Nintendo, and an Atari)
::Various DVDs including Serenity, Venture Brothers Season 1, the Simpsons Season 1, and Arrested Developement Season 3
::Book case
::Candles (you gotta have candles) and assorted kitchen thingies like a pizza cutter so sharp it needs a sheath and a cooking stone and two different sets of goblets
::A Tao, no not enlightment silly, its a digital photo keychain. Holds 56 or 62 photos, depencing on which side of the box you're reading.
::Two fluffy pillows
::Drawing supplies

So that's my list o' loot. Hope Santa brought you everything on your list. ;)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    w00t - Serenityathon! It's like a CowboyBebopathon but not so crap!

    Nice loot, btw & Happy new year.

     
  • At 5:40 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Thanks Mark, congrats on your loot too. But I do like Cowboy Bebop too. I mean it's not Firefly/Serenity, but what is?

    An early Happy New Years to you because I know you guys get to celebrate it, like, two and a half days before us because of time difference.

     
  • At 2:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you guys get to celebrate it, like, two and a half days before us because of time difference.


    >Something like that, yeah.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home