Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Monday, December 18, 2006

If I were smart I'd be sleeping

Truth of the matter is that I have trouble falling asleep. If left to my own devices my sleep cycle will gradually drift later and later until I end up going to bed around 3 or4 and getting up no sooner than noon. This presents a problem in that I have to be to work by 7am three days a week.

And I can't do anything about changing my schedule to give myself a break from working early anymore. I'd love to take a month off of doing it. However, I just got [Fanfare] promoted(exclamation point). One of the requirements of said new position is working no less than 3 of the morning shifts in a week. Oh well. Good news is I get/got a raise. Six percent in fact, which works out to be the largest single raise I've ever received. I get some other perks, people below me having to actually do what I tell them (because I'm right dammit) not being the least.

Receiveing a extremely high degree of sweetitude is the fact that after a year I'm going to get two weeks of paid vacation. [The last time I had more than four days off from all work was 2001 (a week) and a week in '00.] Now I got promoted last week which means I'll hit the one year mark around mid December '07. At that point I will be eligible for two weeks of vacation in 2007, but that vacation has to be used by the end of the year or I'll lose it. By my calculations this means that I will have to take the last two weeks of December off next year. Two weeks in a row of paid vacation falling in the last half of December....*happy girly squeal*...yeah, it's that fucking sweet.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:44 AM , Blogger lucy said...

    That, my dear, is fantastic news. Congratulations.

    But seriously 5 years between holidays?

    That's insane, you work far too hard.

     
  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Thanks Lucy!

    I've have taken a couple long weekends and I had four days off back in June when I took an incredibly relaxing trip up to my aunt & uncle's place on the lake.

    But yes, it has been kind of insane.

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've never had a promotion... unless you consider quitting a really bad job as a promotion. In that case I've had many.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home