Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Here's some crap I forgot


Ah, Colonel Eggroll was pestering a couple of days ago me to post some pictures I took on Halloween. A warning, they're of a chap who made a rather tasteless choice of costume. Rather tasteless and unoriginal as he was at least the third person I saw dressed thus. Not to mention the previous week's episode of South Park had a scene with a Steve-Irwin-with-a-stingray-through-the-chest moment. I only took pictures of this guy's get-up because I believe in the "go big or go home" motto for most things. And if you're going to go with something like this you might as well go all out. Don't do like the one guy who just had a small, fist sized bloodstain on his khaki shirt and a nub of stinger, do the whole damn thing if you're going to do it at all.


That's right, go with the two feet of stingray sticking out of you. And watch out Col. E, that ray looks like it might be going for you next in that top photo. As bad as that was I suppose it wasn't as horrify as the chick who went with the white mesh shirt and the black bra. *shudder*

Oh, and a word on Halloween costumes this year. Last year I remember there being a bit more originality overall. Seems like no one really made the effort this year. And most the girls just had the same pre-package costume (low cut bodice w/flouncy skirt, stockings, and heels), just in different colours - sexy nurse, sexy french maid, sexy Alice in Wonderland, sexy bee, sexy Dorothy. But there are plenty of other things one can sexify for a costume: construction worker, musketeer, police officer, pizza chef, firefighter, geisha, [insert team name of choice] fan girl, pirate, fairy, clothes dryer (don't ask), hooker, cowgirl...

8 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    Tasteless and unoriginal it may have been, but it made me laugh.

    It also helped that he was very cute. Mmmmm.

     
  • At 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I didn't dress up as shit, sexy or otherwise. I suck.

    Meanwhile, I have a medieval party to go to and need to look medieval. Do you and the Colonel have any suggestions?

     
  • At 2:03 AM , Blogger Steve said...

    I thought all of those sexy costumes were supposed to be hookers????

     
  • At 3:41 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Mark - I suggest a vest over a looser shirt (especially if you can find one that has laces instead of buttons) with fitted pants and tall boots. I think that's what I would call "standard issue medieval wear".

    Col. E. - valid point :D

    Steve - Sometimes I think you need to get out more. ;)

     
  • At 10:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Damn, I think I even have a vest. Legend!

     
  • At 10:34 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Glad to be of help. ;) You'll have to give us pics!

     
  • At 10:22 AM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    Mark, I think you should wear a hat with a HUGE feather in it. And carry a bitchin sword with which to smite people.

    Or if you really want to make a statement, you could wear this:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/06/Satyr_2006.jpg

     
  • At 9:42 AM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    All this talk of medieval-ness makes me want to go to medieval times!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home