Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Feeling Blah

Well this has not been the most productive weekend ever. Friday Colonel Eggroll and I hung out, we went to a local bar where they were having an Adult Swim preview. They showed some episodes from different shows and were giving away stuff. There was a bunch of Time Warner cable swag (ho-hum), but we got Harvey Birdman bobble heads (much cooler than the usual creepy bobble heads), a Master Shake keychain/bottle opener and I got an Adult Swim/Cartoon Network shirt (awesomeness). And I drank a whole beer, a huge glass that was really like two beers. And it was tasty, a most unusual occurrence.

Saturday I had to get up early because I picked up a few hours at work. Blah, but I got to hear the Faux-Physicist tell a story that made me laugh hysterically, on the inside. This is it:
"Yeah, my ex-girlfriend and I were having this argument about some Pink Floyd lyrics which turned into a referendum about how we had nothing in common, and then she punched me in the chest."
Nice.

Then I ran some errands with my roommate, pay our rent, grab some groceries, that sort of thing. Poor guy hasn't found a new car yet. Then I decided to rearrange the furniture in my room. I am much happier with the new layout. Now my desk isn't crammed back in the corner, and my bed is no longer under the window where the sunlight keeps waking me up on my day off .

All day yesterday my throat was feeling scratchy and today I woke up feeling crappy. I don't want to admit defeat here, but we may need to turn the heat on soon. Since the cold snap came through this past week the temp in the apartment has dipped below 60 (Fahrenheit) at night. This may be a contributing factor to the crappy-feeling-ness. So I spent the day in bed reading until I had to go to work. I did get to go home early, I stopped into the store for some cold medicine and treated myself to some new pencils, oh and the third season of Futurama.

So that's my uninspired, mundane blog entry for today. Now I plan on going back to bed and reading a bit before sleeping. I have not finished any new comics this weekend. (I'm sorry!) So it may be Tuesday before I get a chance to update. Blah, I hate having the sniffles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home