Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Weekend Stuff

Last friday a group of us (Steve, Le, La, myself, K-Blue, and two of Le and La's friends N & H) drove up to Toledo to go play laser tag. It was really fun, although the driver of the lead car followed the directions of K-Blue's brother which took us about a half hour longer to get there then was necessary. Let it just be known that I ruled everyone (or pwned some noobs if you prefer). I was 2nd of 12 in the first game and 1st of 7 in the second game. Yes, I am totally deadly with a harmless laser gun.

My roommate, Steve , has created a blog. So introductions. Roommate, Steve, meet blog readers; blog readers meet roommate.

Monday night we celebrated that great rite of passage, La's 21st birthday. We hung out and Le and La's place until about twenty 'til midnight, since La couldn't get into the bars until after midnight. On our walk there it was drizzling, pleh. We popped into the first bar we came to to warm up and grab La a shot. Then we headed over to Downtown where we were eventually joined by Be-rad. Being a Monday and v. rainy we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The shots and drinks flowed, eventually taking us upstairs to Uptown because Monday's are '80's night. More drinks and shots and then we wound up on the dance floor. In spite of having six drinks in under 2 hours I didn't feel the least bit buzzed, I'm not sure where this tolerance came from. But even I indulged in a little singing and danceing, although nothing close to what La was doing. I told B-rad if he ever doubted his coolness he should remember this night, hanging out and putting up with 5 drunk (well I wasn't drunk) girls on '80's night, goofing around with us and what not.
Then we had to walk back. I believe 'like a motherfuck' would accurately describe how hard it was raining. B-rad gave La his jacket as we steered her along. We made it to B-rads to drop him off and warm up for a few minutes. Then we walked back to Le and La's apartment. Well Le walked with N and H b/c they were drunker than her. I walked La the rest of the way, which was pretty funny and definately my penance for having to be walked home myself this past summer on Col. Eggroll's birthday (a story for another time).
After dropping all of them off I walked the rest of the way home, making it about 3:30-3:45am when I got in. And that last leg of the journey was the worst. I had to walk in the open (not enough houses or trees) and the wind was blowing in my face. All told it's a little over a mile walk from the bars to my apartment and I apparently chose the clothes that have the highest water absorbency of anything I own. Don't be fooled, I had a good time, just a chilly walk home. Oh, we're planning on going out again this friday. Hopefully it won't be raining.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've never seen anyone do the 21st thing starting at midnight. That's hardcore ;)

    I miss laser tag, even if I did get pwned at it.

     
  • At 5:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't think I even made it to midnight on my 21st birthday... :-p

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home