Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

New data

It's official. I am a weirdo magnet.

Last night Colonel Eggroll, her husband, and I dressed up and went out to have a couple drinks in honor of Halloween approaching. Col. E and I dressed up as pirates. We went to one of our usual hangouts, Downtown, to drink. There we bumped into a couple of people we know, AndyM and the DrinkingBoy. We were glad to have Col.E's husband handy to stare down some weirdos in a line for Uptown who were ogling us.

Then after we had grabbed drinks and were parked on some stools and people watching this guy came up to us. I felt somebody's hand on my shoulder, we looked up and there was this guy there. He looked Lost Confused and was Incoherent, LCI-Guy.
Me: Hi
LCI-Guy says nothing, stares at us like he's waiting for us to say something. He stares down at my chest then looks back up and said: "Survivor?" (my head scarf did say survivor on it)
Me: No it's just my headband.
Col. E: We're Pirates...
He stared at us for a moment longer and then wandered off.
He came back a little while later. He stopped, leaned in and kissed my cheek.
LCI-Guy: I'm still mad at you.
Me: why?
LCI-Guy: *covers one eye* where's your eyepatch...mumble, mumble
And then he wandered off again. All we can figure is that the lack of eyepatches on our part confused him to the point where he could not tell what we were supposed to be dressed up as. Idiot. Even the DrinkingBoy knew what we were supposed to be and he was, in his own words, "Duhrunk".

1 Comments:

  • At 4:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think you need to run that dude through with your cutlass to teach him how no one fucks with pirates.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home